The Breathing Room Back to School Program provides a backpack or box filled with the specific supplies requested by the classroom teacher. Each backpack or box is personalized based on the child’s unique color, character and personal preferences. The volunteers seek to provide all the items on the child’s list with the exception of expensive calculators and electronics. Volunteers deliver all the backpacks to the families in timefor the start of school.
YOU CAN HELP!
Sponsor one child’s complete school supply list
- Put a box at work with the Back to School flyer listing our collection needs
- Contribute gift cards to Target, Walmart or Staples
- Sort and fill backpacks at Jenkintown United Methodist Fellowship Hall
- Deliver filled backpacks to the families on Saturday morning, August 22
HELPFUL HINTS FOR DONORS
- Please label the parent and child’s names on your backpack to insure accurate delivery.
- The deadline for your donation is noon on Wednesday, August 19.
- Distribution Day is Saturday, August 22 from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
NEW LOCATION!! COLLECTION/DISTRIBUTION SCHEDULE NEW LOCATION!!!
Please join us at Jenkintown United Methodist Fellowship Hall
328 Summit Avenue, Jenkintown, PA 19046
- WEDNESDAY: August 19,2015 9:00 to 5:00 Set up. Fill backpacks.
- THURSDAY: August 20, 2015 9:00 to 7:00 Pack backpacks
- FRIDAY: August 21, 2015 9:00 to 1:00 Pack backpacks;
- SATURDAY : August 22, 2015 8:30 to 12:00 Delivery Day!!
Eileen: 215-277-1006(W) 215-740-3076(C) Mary Ellen 215-570-0530
Please call Eileen @ 215-740-3076 to see if help is needed after your work hours.
Thank you to the JUMC Community Center for generously sharing your fellowship hall for this year’s Back To School Program!