Hold your arms out. Wrap them around yourself and squeeze!
Can you feel the warmth of your embrace?
The Breathing Room Foundation provides the warmth of a “hug” to families fighting cancer all year long.
Research shows that the warmth of a hug relieves stress, builds trust, and can alleviate fear.
– Carnegie Mellon University
- We help ‘warm’ our recipient families in many ways.
- By paying utility bills to keep the heat running
- By providing winter clothing
- By delivering hot, nourishing meals
- By sending cards with warm wishes and comfort bags with blankets
and other cozy items.
- Through these endeavors, we let families know they are thought about and not alone in the fight.
Because of generous donors like you, we “hugged” over 1000 families so far this year. This is a 15% increase over last year!
We invite you to make a contribution that will allow us to help even more families feel the warmth this year. Your pledge of a recurring monthly donation ensures that we can meet the needs of the most vulnerable in our community all year long.
Mary Ellen Fitzgerald, Executive Director
P.S. Your donation, no matter the size, makes a difference. Thank you!
[headline size=”medium” align=”center” color=”ec0e6e”]Make a Recurring Monthly Donation[/headline]
[headline size=”medium” align=”center” color=”ec0e6e”]Make a One Time Donation[/headline]